Friday, 11 January 2013

07/01/2013 - Operation Stomp-less

Monday in work. Yawn. Everyone (except me) got shouted at for being lazy and not doing their jobs properly! Hopefully things will be different now and it will all look us!

I also accepted delivery of a new contraption I purchased as a desperate attempt to get a good night's sleep.

No, it's not for me, it's for Barney!



Yes, the above little blighter who looks like butter wouldn't melt? HE'S A DEMON! A GIANT STOMPER-DEMON!

Basically, if he wakes up in the middle of the night and decides he's quite like some attention, he demands it! From me! Usually between 3-4am. How does he demand it? Well he jumps onto the bed and walks over my chest.

Barney is not the lightest kitty on the planet. In fact, he's far from it. So as you can imagine, having a portly puss parading over your ribs/chest/shoulders is rather painful to say the least.

It's only me he does this to, by the way! Not Paul...oh no...can't disturb his darling Daddy's sleep, can he.

Little Beep.

So I bought him a self-heating bed. Basically it reflects the body heat back out into the fleece, so it's so snuggly warm he won't want to move. Excellent idea, right?


Zombie Eyes and Belly Dots!

I think it's safe to say he likes it! I had to sprinkle it with a little catnip to initially get him interested, but now he's a fan!



 He is a handsome blighter, is he not? I heart my Barnacle!

2 comments:

  1. Zombie Eyes and Belly Dots! has got to be the best caption I've read in a long time!

    Hope you have been sleeping through the night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He didn't wake me up until 5.15am this morning! Which is a vast improvement. As I didn't go to sleep until after 1am, it wasn't the most welcome wake up call but as it's Sunday, I'll let him off!

    ReplyDelete