Sunday, 20 January 2013

18/01/2013 - Brrr

It didn't snow much more over night. Phew. When Paul left the house at 6.15am he was able to drive away no problem.

However, as I was preparing to leave for work, I looked out of the front door and saw snow falling from the sky. Big ol' flakes of snow. Fan-flippin-tastic.

Time for a change of footwear. I'm not risking my pretty new boots in that snow. Nope - time for the big boys to come out to play!

Snow boots of champions
Another example of boots that Paul has bought me! In fact, I think most of the boots I own were purchased by Paul! :)

These were a Christmas present a few years ago but thankfully I haven't had to wear them before as the weather hasn't been that bad! Yeah. I wasn't going to take that risk today! Thank you, Aldo, for making these boots!



This is the view from my office window at about 11am. That's about 2 inches of snow.

As I have mentioned in an earlier post, England comes to a standstill when snow falls down. We haven't had it that bad in Liverpool but schools were closing etc. Which meant that our two colleagues with children had to leave early to go and collect them.

I might adopt some kids to get out of work early. Us childless folk never get to take snow days! I don't think I can use the cats as an excuse. Maybe in the summer...on the hottest day of the year... "Soz, can't come in today, Maia and Barney need me to put sunscreen on their belly dots..."

Reckon it will work?



No comments:

Post a Comment