Wednesday, 27 February 2013

25/02/2013 - I love it when a plan comes together

Monday morning. Same old same old. No-one wants to be at work. Who can blame them?!


The most exciting part of my day came when my lovely Maid of Honour (who's daughter's birthday we were at yesterday) emailed and said she had found a dress website with a sale on. For their bridesmaid dresses.

Okay...

Turns out that this sale was quite reasonable! Made to measure and everything, which is great when one of your bridesmaids is 4' 11!

After emailing to and fro with her, as well as the hotel we looked at yesterday, she disappeared for a while. Which meant I got some work done.

Once I got home, about to do some more work, she called me.

So we set to looking through the dresses to see if there were any that were a viable option to be my bridesmaid dresses. Turns out there were more than a few!

Lucy, being the organisation legend that she is (and her initials are actually LEJ And (rews) which just seals the deal) got in touch with my sister-in-law and send over a short list.

So just over 24 hours from seeing her, and saying that my lovely fiance was going to organise the bridesmaid dresses; Lucy had googled, chosen and then we ordered them! Even with import tax (they're made in China...as most decent online deals are) they are a steal! For both dresses, it cost about the same amount as my absolute limit for 1 from the high street! Just hope they're as good as they look now...EEK!

Here is one that didn't make the cut:

Image courtesy of Light In The Box.com

I'd have put more on here, except the website wouldn't let me copy any more. Which is fair enough.

I don't know if there will be a pre-wedding big reveal. I haven't decided! There are so many things I want to share with you all, but then at the same time, I've gotten quite good at keeping them secret! As soon as they go on the internets they are public knowledge. So sorry, my lovely readers. You will have to wait until after the day.

The stress of ordering the dresses actually made it quite a late night, but you know what? I slept better than I had for a long time!

Another thing off the list! WHOOP!

This wedding is slowly turning into a doddle!!*


*disclaimer - I don't actually mean that!

No comments:

Post a Comment