Sunday, 24 March 2013

21/03/2013 - More DIY

My day was the same as it ever is. Busy. Dull. Etc etc. One day I'll be able to talk about good days in work, right?! RIGHT?!

For a change, I went out at lunch time! Crazy, right?! I wemt to the local B&Q to pick up supplies for the next stage of my bathroom decoation evening entertainment!

Paul came and met me, and we picked up some supplies. He also brought me a salad so I had a decent lunch! Isn't he lovely?!


Ham, giant couscous, olive and cheese salad. It was delish. Honest!

Whilst enjoying my salad, I perused the weather for the rest of the week. My face fell.


Yup. That's snow. Heavy snow. IT'S MARCH! IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO SNOW IN MARCH! LAST YEAR IS WAS BLOOMIN' ROASTING!

I am not impressed with this weather. As you all know, I HATE SNOW.

Whinge whinge, moan moan.

Anyway, managed to finish work on time, and so headed home to crack on with making my shower room a less mingy place to be!

AGAIN, IF YOU ARE GROSSED OUT BY YUCKY STUFF, I'D MOVE ON IF I WERE YOU!


The shower room still looks a million times better than it did yesterday. Even with bits of paint already flaked off due to the spray of the bleach stuff. Sometimes it's better to see that than it being all black and flakey.

Anyway, one thing I forgot to do yesterday was remove the cheap mirror that I have on the wall in there. That itself is suffering with being in a constantly damp room. The edges are blackening but at least you can still see your reflection. It was only cheap so I may well get another one just so it looks a bit better. However, that's a nice to have, not a need to have. I don't need to spend that money right now. I just want to!

I was afraid of removing the mirror. Not because I was scared I would break it, but because I was scared what I might find behind it!



More ickydampness. Admittedly, not as bad as I thought it would be, so that's a plus point, right?!

I cleaned that up and let it dry whilst I set to brushing the wall for any loose paint. Yep, it's oddly addictive, peeling paint off! Some of it didn't want to budge, which I took as a good sign!

I then cleaned the wall down again in preparation for the next stage.



 This is when I realised that it wasn't a line of bad paint on my wall. It was a nice crack. FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC.

It's a good job I enjoy polyfilla-ing up cracks in walls! You'd think I'd have been more excited to see it. Yeah. No. More work!



I made a small amount of 'primer' (for want of a better word) to cover the bare plaster. I think I did 4 parts paint to 2 parts water. It's probably wrong, and someone will comment on my blog and shout at me, but I did some research and because it's not new plaster, it doesn't need as much priming.

I hope it read it correctly... I'm a bit scared now.

Anyway, I went over the bare plaster, and then realising I had made too much, and didn't want it to go to waste, I pretty much painted the whole wall. With a tiny paintbrush. Nothing like making things difficult for myself, right?!



Already looking better, eh?! Although I don't think I left the mould spray on the bit under the mirror for long enough...hmmm. Couldn't see that in person. Oh well, it should all be fine, as tomorrow's work will make it all better.

I hope.

I suck at DIY!

No comments:

Post a Comment