Saturday, 4 May 2013

02/05/2013 - YOU CANNOT PASS!


Morning came and I was up and awake to go to the gym. Paul wasn't. I failed and went back to bed. Then when the alarm went off at 7am, I did not want to get up!

I did though, and off to work I toddled. It was a lovely morning on Merseyside so I took my time strolling to the office.


This is my walk to work. It's pretty much straight down this road with a slight left to go through the station at the end of it.

Yeah, the station. The station that I have walked through every day for 2 1/2 years. Not today. No. Two burly chaps stopped me at the entrance. "Are you using the train today?" Er, no. "Well you shouldn't really walk through the station, should you?" Um... "Here, take this pass. We'll let you through this time."

So I took the 'pass' which was a crappy piece of paper. I was walking so couldn't take a decent picture.


So I looked this up. Railway Byelaw 18. Which has nothing to do with people walking through a station, by the way.

I got to the other end of the station where I was greeted by two more burly fellas. I looked at them perplexed as I handed them the piece of paper. They looked perplexed that I had one. They let me pass.

Wavertree Technology Park station is not big. It has two platforms and where I walk is above them, where the ticket office is. I don't go anywhere near a platform and am nowhere near a train. This struck me as insane. This has never happened before!

The rest of the day was uneventful.

After work I walked home and Paul and I watched some 'Defiance' before heading to bed fairly early. Dull as dishwater.

Anyway, on to a new thread. Paul and I are both on twitter (@carolinehartley and @bigdino) and we're both trying to get a bit fitter via twitter. We both try to keep up with #FitTeam13 which is the baby of a personal trainer that we follow - @StuartAmoryPT who sets monthly challenges that are achievable without the need to go to the gym.

This week's challenge is a photo challenge - to do certain things and take a picture of it. As my twitter account is locked so only people who follow me can see them, I figured I'd put them on here as well. Plus it means I have to take a picture a day this month and I don't have to struggle! Cheating, maybe, but hey, I make the rules here!

Here are the rules:

Taken from @stuartamorypt's twitter page

So yesterday, I had to do a sign. Here it is!


Make up free me, ready to take on this challenge! :)

Today - a healthy breakfast:


 I had porridge. I don't have a picture of the actual porridge I ate as colleague T walked in as I was mixing it, then the phone rang so it was going cold and I needed to wolf it down!

Insight into the fitness life of me! You should join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment