Tuesday, 7 May 2013

06/05/2013 - Bonus Pretty Day Off!

Both Paul and I had a terrible nights' sleep. Luckily for us it's a Bank Holiday so neither of us has to get up! YAY! This meant we could go back to sleep and not wake up until 9.30am!

This is what I woke up to:


Barney. Using my belly as a pillow. :) :) :)

As I may have mentioned before, Barney isn't a cuddler, but when he does this...AW!

We got up at a pretty unreasonable time and opened the curtains to a beautiful day outside! What better to do than to go out and enjoy it! Yes, that's right - I left the house voluntarily on a weekend 3 days in a row! Who am I and what have I done with Caroline?!

We decided to take a stroll to Sefton Park, which is some gorgeous park lane in a suburb called Aigburth. It really is pretty.

It was remarkably quiet, or at least quieter than I expected!


Grass and feet!


 Look at that amazing sky! We never see sky this colour! Even the clouds don't marr such beauty!

We stayed and chilled out and read and drank water. Yes, water! Oh, and that's my #PhotoFitChallenge pic for today!


Not the most flattering picture, but still - I'm drinking water. Job done!

We didn't really do anything else after this. We relaxed and then came home. We walked a slightly different route on the way back and saw some gorgeous sights I had to take some pictures of!






So amongst the concrete jungle we live in - all the old houses and offices, there is some beauty to be had. It's what makes this city even more awesome that less than an hour from our doorstep, there is something so pretty to behold.

When we got back we had fake Nandos and watched Game of Thrones. Pretty successful day had by all and Paul's even a little pink from the sunshine! Vitamin D goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment