Saturday, 22 June 2013

19/06/2013 - Hey Nonny Nonny!


It's Wednesday! Which means it's a morning off the gym! An extra 50 minutes before the alarm goes off! PARTY!

Colleague T was at a second funeral in a week today (poor lady) so I had my office to myself. I got quite a bit done.

At lunch I took a stroll into the 'Swan to go to the shops and finish posting our invitations (yes, we're still going with those!) including one to Spain. It cost a lot less then I though to post our invitation to Spain, which is an extra bonus! I hope it arrives perfectly safe, as intended. EEK!

After work, I headed home to wait for Chris to arrive to get a #Whedonsday extravaganza a goin'

After a couple of eps of Dollhouse, which were very entertaining and excellent, accompanied by a couple of beers and some amazing sausage casserole, we headed into town to the only cinema in the local area showing a film I have been excited about for over 18 months, Much Ado About Nothing, as directed by Joss Whedon. Well, it is Whedonsday!


It's also Wednesday, which means we got our tickets on Orange Wednesday, so it cost £3.75 each to see it! WHOOP!


My view of the cinema screen. Two big heads. Not as big heads as the guys sitting next to me, though. They were clearly Shakespeare fans, as opposed to Whedon fans. They kept referring to Buffy ye Vampyre Slayeth, and chortling to themselves. Hmph.


Yes, I kept my phone on longer than is usually acceptable to take the above picture. I am not ashamed.

Verdict - I loved it! I am a fan of Whedon. I am a fan of Shakespeare. This movie was meant for me! You understood what was going on, even if you didn't know the story (I checked with people who didn't know the story) and it had faces of people who we love. Wonderful wonderful wonderful.

Here's the trailer if you haven't seen it.


We didn't get home until after eleven. That's late for us! Sleep needed. Hopefully the sugar rush won't keep us awake too long!

DOGBERRY: "But, masters, remember that I am an ass; though it be not written down, yet forget not that I am an ass."

Nathan Fillion nailed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment