Tuesday, 25 June 2013

22/06/2013 - Slow day

Don't you love weekends that seem to last for aaaaages?! Me too! Except I can't remember the last time that happened!

I woke up to see Paul's smiling face looking across at me. While this might sound slightly creepy, it's been a while since he's looked so happy, for various reasons, so we shall leave it be.

This morning we figured we deserved a lie in, so that's what we did! A couple of cups of tea and a relax, with a magazine or two. Perfect.

We forced ourselves out of bed, mostly because of the lack of breakfast materials in the house, and gosh darn it, we were getting hungry!

We also had to collect a delivery from Boots, which I won't bore you with, but we got breakfast materials and all was well with the world again. PHEW!

Once we got back I had one of my least favourite tasks in the world to do. Ironing. I have put it off for far too long. It had to be done.

Lucky for me, there was a marathon of "4 Weddings" on one of the random cable channels, so I enjoyed that whilst ironing, marvelling in how laid back and non-competitive I am when it comes to the wedding!



That's not a finished job, by the way. I'm not quite that bad at ironing. Not far off, but not quite!

After the ironing was done, I could sit back and relax to watch some television. Except that there was literally nothing decent on television.

So we ended up watching 80s sit com 'Allo 'Allo. To those of you who have never seen this show...well...it might have been funny back in the day. I was only young, so the fact that they talk a lot about a painting called 'The Fallen Madonna (With the Big Boobies) would make any child snigger!


It's based on the British view of a French stereotype, and as an adult...it makes me cringe.

It always used to be on on a Saturday night, so I guess it was only correct that we watch it. Probably not again...unless we get so desperate next Saturday night!

Thank goodness Man Vs Food came on later! :)

So there you have it. A rather uneventful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment