Sunday, 30 June 2013

30/06/2013 - Special Sunday

I woke up at stupid o'clock with a headache. An actual headache. I haven't had one of those in ages that wasn't a migraine. So easily fixed with paracetamol at 5am! :)

Today we had to head over to Blackburn for my cousin's baby's Christening! A family occasion again!

But first we had to sort some stuff out before our holiday. Although Barney had other ideas.


He would not let us have this bag. I had to eject him from the bag and he was not impressed. I got another bag


 Perfect Barney sized bag! Shame it's my gym bag and he can't live in it, but it was perfect for him.

From there onto Blackburn for Emily's Christening!

She was rather...vocal...all through the ceremony. Which was the church I haven't been in a very long time, for sad reasons. It was also the church that my parents got married in. Which is nice!


 Here's the special little lady! Isn't she gorgeous?! Those cheeks!

The 'do' afterwards was held at a pub round the corner from the church, and also round the corner from where my maternal grandmother lived and down the road from where I used to walk the dogs as a child. It was really weird going back there. If it was weird for me, it's weird for Mum even more, so I manned up and got on with it.

The joy of the party was that we got to entertain the gorgeous Jacob, Emily's big brother. He's just adorable! He's fascinated by 'magic'...and by magic, I mean the vague attempt my uncle and father have been practising for us kids for years!


"Look at Adam, isn't he pretty!" *hides the 20p*

He was fascinated! It's so cute to watch him! I just love him, he's so lovely!


 "Which hand is it in?!"


"OMG HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!"

So lots of family stuff and catch up of 2 weeks of news, we headed back home via Manchester to see Paul's folks before coming back to the kitties.

Last night there was a pretty fierce shouting match nearby. We didn't know where it was coming from but it got so bad Paul went outside to see if he could see what was going on. Turns out, it was 2 doors down.

This is what we noticed when we came home today.


That front step is trashed. They only re-cemented it yesterday. And I thought the paw prints that had been put there were going to be a problem!

OH YEAH - my Dad gave me gifts earlier as well!

Remember the photograph I put in Friday's blog? My awesome Dad went and got Lego Gandalf for me! :D


I haven't played Lego for ages! So my post-Christening fun was long awaited!


Kinda awesome, right?!


 YOU CAN NOT PASS! :)

I love Lego Gandalf!

I had a mad desire to watch The OC for some reason, so we sat in front of the television for the rest of the evening, watching tv. It was a good evening. Restful.

No comments:

Post a Comment