Sunday, 1 September 2013

22/08/2013 - We semi-celebrate!


Thursday came. I woke up with the strangest feeling that I have the lurgy. Not content with getting over the lack of sleep from the beginning of the week, now a cold has set in. Fan-flipping-tastic.

So, naturally, no gym. I wanted to go. Paul forbade me. If I'm ill, the last thing my body wants is to be working hard recovering from the gym as well as from a cold. Party pooper. Plus, the average age in our gym first thing in the morning is about 65, so I shouldn't infect them as well.

I went to work though. Because they're allowed to be infected! Although I am very nice and use anti-bac spray like it's going out of fashion to try to keep the germs at bay.

I did some wedding work at lunchtime and filled the rest of my day with normal work. Still palling up with my hole punch because that's how I roll!

I got home to this.


There is no way on this planet that coming home to a gorgeous giant furry belly is not a natural anti-depressant! After feeling sorry for myself all day I felt instantly better! Well...not physically. But mentally!

Barney had made a friend today. We had a ladybird on our front door. Naturally Barney wanted to say hi!


(Please excuse the mess. Wedding is getting in the way of all our chores. Stupid expensive party).

Barney was jumping up the door to see the ladybird! He must have knocked her down many times but she flew right back up there again! It's like she wanted him to get a work out or something?!

While I was in work today we received some good news. In fact, some bloody marvellous news. Sadly I am not in a position to divulge what said news is, but I certainly will when I can. I don't want to jinx it, you see!

We have been waiting for this news for quite some time, so even though it's a Thursday and I feel lousy, we had to celebrate, as we had always promised we would when we got this news.


 Paul's back and a glass of prosecco. Perfect Thursday evening. Apart from the sneezles.


2 comments:

  1. BELLY!!

    wait, there was more to that post..

    BELLY!! ugh.. OK, this time I'm not going to lok at the..


    BELLY!!!

    *hangs head in shame*

    I'm sure there was more to that, but I got a little distracted.. oh wait.. I think there was some congrats for some good news, but I don't know what the news is, so.. um..

    BELLY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The belly is always out. It's probably out right now, while he's on his holiday. Can't miss those bellydots. I think you can see them from the Moon!

    ReplyDelete