Tuesday, 19 November 2013

31/10/2013 - Spooky Day!

Happy Spooky Day! Yeah, I'm a grinch. I don't do Hallowe'en. Mostly because it's scary round these parts and I don't fancy the tricks that the local scalls might pull if you don't give them enough chocolate.

Anyway, I procrastinated going to work this morning because quite frankly I don't really want another day like the two I have had so far this week. Maia gladly helped me out by lying down on the back of my legs while I was laying across the bed.


Normally first thing in the morning she is trying to convince you that she's never been fed before. This morning she was a bottom-cuddler!

Yes, that's my derriere! The zoom on the camera isn't doing me any favours...

I managed to survive work, which is a relief. Grit my teeth and get on with it.

Remember yesterday's artistic exclamation on the billboard. Well, I think the Myres family aren't very popular round these parts...


Oh Phil, what have you done?!


Now their Mick's doing it as well. Must be serious.

Liverpool: the only place that considers 'eee' a word. Exactly how you'd expect it to sound. An expression of disgust.

I was able to relax again this evening. We were going to go into town but due to Paul feeling a bit poorly, we held off. Stupid me forgot that the reason that we were going to go out was that we were hiding from trick or treaters!

I settled myself upstairs (by dim lamplight) and tucked into my new read:


Basically a book to wrap up (almost) all the character arcs in the Sookie Stackhouse / True Blood books.

I got through it in about an hour. Some stories were quite long and some were rather short. There were births, deaths and a couple of 'see you laters' which made me smile! I'm going to miss that universe!

Paul was late getting home, so we had a late ish dinner.

We only had one trick or treater but as it was after 8:30pm, we ignored them. Seriously, that's too late for cute kids to come round. More like teenagers begging and might smash you up unless you give them cash. No thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment