Tuesday, 31 December 2013

29/12/2013 - Feeling sorry for myself.

I'm still poorly sick.

Had a bad night's sleep as my stomach was like a cement mixer and I couldn't get comfortable at all. Now I'm sure that some of it is from the massive meals that we had for our dinner, but as that was Tuesday and Wednesday and it's now Sunday, there must be something else going on here.

Nausea is not fun.

Needless to say, the best place for me was bed, so that's where I stayed all day. I rarely got up at all. I'd usually make a joke about how lazy I am, but as I couldn't get comfortable in bed so was fidgeting a LOT, I don't think I'd have been comfortable anywhere else in the house!

How like my father I am sometimes! He gets stomach bugs by just looking at something the wrong way.

I sat and played sims for a while, like I do, cuddled with Maia for a while, like I do, and read some of The Hobbit. Because it's been a while!

Paul played on SimCity for a while, because if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! He realised he needed to pop to the shops to get a few more bits and bobs so headed out after we lost a few hours immersed in our various pixelated games!

He was nice and came back with some medicine for me.


Gently relieves? More like tastes so much like soap that a few hours later I throw up again?!

It probably wasn't helped by the fact that I went down to speak to Paul and I saw him cooking our 'leftovers pie' which I was so excited about. Because who doesn't love turkey, ham and leek pie?

I have a big sad face right now.


It's not like the smell of it could affect me at all, because I can't smell! It really was just the sight of the food that made me go! Stupid poorly stomach.

Oh, while I remember, check out Paul's Christmas present from his mum!


Bright red shiny frying pan! :)

I gave up and went back to bed. Paul was kind enough to do any eating downstairs, and he brought me a slice of bread to keep me going and to see if I could keep it down. I could! Success! There's only so far that water can get you!

I was starting to flag, after the bad sleep, so sat and stared at 'Honest Movie Trailers' on YouTube. If you haven't seen them then I urge you do. They really do make me giggle. Not as much as the 'Bad Lip-synching' ones but they do amuse!

I then gave up, shut the laptop down and tried to get some sleep. Fingers crossed for me...

Nope. After an hour, I was retching again. It's going to be a long night...

No comments:

Post a Comment