Wednesday, 1 January 2014

31/12/2013 - New Year's Eve

I didn't have the best night's sleep, much to my dislike! I was having strange dreams, as I do. This time I was dreaming about buying other houses up our street and them all being bigger than ours. One even had a jacuzzi in both bedrooms! I don't know why I'm dreaming these things. Probably because I want a bigger house!

I did manage to doze a little, which was good, but it meant I really didn't want to get up when the alarm went off. So I didn't. I waited until 7:30am to get up! That's VERY late for me!

Back into work again, and once again alone. The business park was even quieter today than yesterday!

The postman came before 9:30am which is unheard of, and I had got most of my work done that I needed to do by midday, but had to stay in the office, which is a bit mean. I put my iPod on and sang loudly (I admit it today) because the office next door weren't in!

I left at about 2pm, and it was probably the safest time to leave before it got dark for the same reasons as yesterday.

When I got home, I did a bit of tidying up but decided to vegetate a little and be lazy because it's the last day of the year and why change the habit of the rest of the year!


Barney came for a play. I'd love to say it was a cuddle, but he was being feisty and very cute!

My stomach still isn't right but I was determined that I would enjoy New Years Eve if I could. So instead of starting on the wine/beer/fizz as most people do on this most celebrated of days, I had a different drink to tide me over.


Mmmm. Health salts. Aka soap water. I am not a fan. But I drank them because they should help. I think they did. I felt ok for a while afterwards!

Paul alternated between cooking and SimCity-ing while I was being lazy and doing some simming myself! Plus keeping up with people's rather poetic statuses on Facebook. I have been known to do the whole 'sum up the year in a status' thing before but couldn't be bothered this year. Mostly because I've found writing this blog very cathartic so have already waxed lyrical.

I don't know. Maybe I'll do a sum up post tomorrow. We'll see.

Anyway, dinner took AGES! I was really looking forward to eating something tasty and delicious! Which is a sign I'm getting better, right?

Soon enough (at like, 9:15pm!) dinner was served!


Spaghetti Bolognaise with parmesan and a glass of white wine...which I had been nursing for a few hours, but didn't want to drink as I had barely eaten anything all day and didn't think that would be a good idea.

A little history for you - the first New Years that Paul and I were together, all 6 years ago, he came over to my old house and made me Spaghetti Bolognaise! We drank a LOT of wine that night, and didn't end up eating it until about midnight! So eating it at 9pm was actually early in the grand scheme of things!

I enjoyed it very much but couldn't finish it. Joys of not eating a lot for nearly a week - appetite is suppressed!

We watched some comedy stuff on TV and a bit of Gary Barlow's New Year's show, then switched over to Jools Holland! It's a little bit of a tradition! It's a shame it's not live, but it has some very talented musicians on it and so it's all good!

That's how we saw in midnight! We did have some fizz, but it wasn't going down too well and so I'd finished my glass by midnight! So we chinked peppermint tea cups instead! ROCK AND ROLL! We're so old now!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I watched tv for a little bit longer (it had the chap from The Kinks on it...and I love The Kinks!) but was losing my battle with sleep so I left Paul downstairs and came to bed. I had a play with Barney and fell asleep well before 1am!

Oh, and for the record as I have been asked at least 3 times in the past 48 hours or so: Definitely. Not. Pregnant.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment