Thursday, 13 February 2014

10th February 2014 - Grumpychops

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing. That's why we recommend it daily." - Zig Ziglar.

Regular Monday morning, except we didn't gym. Yes, we're rebelling against our own personal norm! Mostly due to the fact that we need a bit of rest so we don't pull any muscles and badly hurt ourselves. I can't lie - I did enjoy lazing in bed!

I did get up and I did go to work but I didn't half feel grumpy. I don't like being grumpy but I was. I don't even know why!

I got through the working day as best I could. I was disappointed that the only option I had for lunch was creamy chicken soup. I don't like chicken soup. It doesn't taste of anything. Especially creamy chicken soup. At least chicken and sweetcorn has personality. But creamy chicken soup is 'blah' so I sulked even more for the rest of the day.

After work, Paul picked me up and I went straight back to my crafting station (currently the bed) and carried on with Mum's birthday card. I glued it down a little better and added another butterfly and a 'Happy Birthday' sign. What do you think?


It looks a little bit plain to me, but it is my first go, and I don't want to ruin it by adding other bits that I'm not convinced about yet. I need to get a padded envelope to send it I think, but once I've written it I think it's good to go! Got to finish A's now though. Hmmmm.

We had dinner (steak) and watched a couple of episodes of The Good Wife, then headed to bed for an early night...

PREVIOUSLY

2012
2013

2 comments:

  1. I love the card.. since you are not convinced about it, the only suggestion I would make is that you put the two large elements on one side (the larger flower and the larger dragonfly) and the two smaller ones on the other (butterfly / flower) it might have balanced better if you had put two smaller flowers together on the side with the butterfly, maybe moving the one that is there over a bit and a flower 2/3rds the size of the tall one where the one that is there is now.. (if that makes any sense)

    but it is a small petty thing, I think it is absolutely lovely as is..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's useful, thank you! I will have a play! :)

      Delete