Monday, 10 February 2014

7th February 2014 - 5 Months down!

Paul and I have been married 5 months today! Where has all that time gone?!

We didn't gym this morning. GOLLY GOSH SHOCK HORROR! We need rest. Who am I to argue with that?!

I had a bad sleep. Not because of Bouncing Barnacles, but I was woken at around 2am by a weird noise. It sounded like a wire or something knocking against my bedroom window. I couldn't just lie there listening to that noise. What if someone was trying to break in? What if the guy who tried to sell us loft insulation last night was offended by us saying no, and is now taking his revenge?

I got up and stood on the landing. The noise stopped. Typical. I checked all the windows and they were fine.

Back to bed.

I did get woken up by Barney later on, but I ignored him. He didn't give me a massage. Hmph.

No productive morning for me. I just about made it to work! I didn't even have time to take my coat off before the first crisis. A said there was a problem with his computer. Yeah, big problem. Virus. Someone has been clicking dodgy links me thinks.

I couldn't sort it so call the IT guy who couldn't fix it remotely so would have to come to visit. Great. He has the charisma of a teaspoon.

I went through the motions of the day, with nothing exciting to report. Dullsville.

After lunch I was in the process of doing my weekly report when the stats for last month came in. Apparently my numbers are wrong. NOPE. I wasn't standing for it so I sent an essay of an email as to why I am right and they are wrong, what the problems are and how they can be resolved. It will get me nowhere but I felt better for ranting. In a nice, polite and constructive manner.

The afternoon still dragged though!

I came home, and pottered around doing a bit of tidying up. Then, at 6pm I went out for something that was long overdue. A hair cut.

Haven't had it done since July. Oops.

It wasn't my usual hairdresser. It was someone who hasn't cut my hair before. I have The Fear when it comes to hairdressers having had my hair massacred TWICE by people who don't understand curly hair.

This one...it's ok. I think she's over-cut a layer on the right hand side, so there's a bit of a step in it, but maybe that only shows because it was straight? Maybe it won't be so noticeable when I have my usual curly hair?

I haven't taken a picture because I didn't think to selfie. Which isn't like me. Clearly I'm not thinking of you guys enough!

Paul was starving when I got home so we had a very naughty dinner and watched a couple of episodes of The Good Wife. We're still no closer to catching up with it. I think we're going to have to put more effort into watching it! Might be easier as some of our shows are on hiatus due to the winter Olympics.


 Naughty dinner. Not just my portion, for the record.

We had a fairly early night as we were both shattered! REALLY need a good sleep tonight. The dark circles under my eyes are starting to make me look like I have a broken nose or something!

PREVIOUSLY...

2012
2013

No comments:

Post a Comment