Wednesday, 12 February 2014

9th February 2014 - New skills!

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." - Pablo Picasso.

Another day for being productive. I lazed in bed, dozing off after not a great sleep but not the worst I've had. There was much demand for breakfast from the fur-babies, as yesterday. 

I decided to crack on with the thank you cards that I started yesterday and during that time, Paul got up and went to the football. 

I then had my little assistant come to help me...




I should have just used the last one as the cover for the card, shouldn't I? He loved the string and ran off with one at one point. Maia was playing with them too, but I didn't catch her on camera!

I got a fair amount done on them but they aren't finished. I remembered I had pressing matters at hand which needed attention, so I guess I can work on them during the week.

The much more pressing matters are that it's my Mum's birthday on Saturday and A's 3rd birthday a week on Tuesday! I have decided to try to make cards for these occasions, as...well...why not...so I started a new craft technique I've never done before to see if I was any good at it.

Turns out I think I'm ok! For a first go I'm pretty proud of these!


Obviously these aren't finished yet. I have more decoration to do, and they need gluing a little better (and I have to work out how to do it!) but I think it's not bad! I am bias of course. I hope they are ok...they are, right?

Paul got home quite late from the football, so we finished off the risotto from yesterday and I watched some more Veronica Mars (now in the final season...why did they cancel this show again?) which Paul watched Top Gear. Naturally I stopped to watch Tom Hiddleston as 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car' because it's Loki and you do as he tells you to.

Then bed. Where I couldn't get to sleep for AGES. Great.

PREVIOUSLY...

2012
2013

No comments:

Post a Comment