Thursday, 27 March 2014

22nd March 2014 - Roly-poly gal!

"Your body tells you what it needs, and if you sleep past your alarm on a Saturday morning, it's probably because you need the sleep." - Sophia Bush

Yeah, seriously Sophia, unless you have something to do on a Saturday morning, why would you be setting an alarm? Or do most people set an alarm for a morning when there's nothing to do?

*cue segway* this morning we did have stuff to do! But not straight away. So we managed to have a bit of a lie in, which was much appreciated after the last few weeks of actually having things to do! 

When we finally decided to get up, we headed to the village. Paul started the food shopping, and I had to go put some money in the building society before the end of the financial year (or I lose my formerly good interest rate and it goes to an equally poor one). Seriously, low interest rates are good for my mortgage but bad for my future. Not happy. While I was in there, they stated that my account book hadn't been signed (it's a replacement) so I had to do it. But it's in my maiden name. They needed something else that had my signature on (passport) so I had to sign in my maiden name. Cue brief moment of panic when I couldn't remember how to do it! It's only been 6 months!

I then met up with Paul and we did the rest of the shopping and tried to entertain ourselves as best we could with a thankless task like that!


Yes, it's a sweet potato with a face in it. We were tickled. I don't think we bought him though. We wanted to amuse other shoppers too!

From there we popped to Co-op to collect a delivery which I'd been waiting for. Barney's coughing isn't good so it was time to get tough.


We bought a Furminator!

He's not a big fan. He never has been a fan of the brush, even in his most relaxed state, so this wasn't going to be easy! Even the smallest of strokes before he ran away got a lot of fur out from his coat. He does groom a lot, so hopefully we can do a bit at a time and help him a little.

Maia, on the other hand, loved it! The vet told us when we were there last time that it looked like she needed a bit of help with the grooming, as she had a lot of loose fur. He was right. She does. She purred away while I was brushing her and got a load of fur. I rubbed it all together into a ball, so it didn't shed everywhere and it became the best toy ever! I've read about that happening in kitty blogs but you have to see it to believe it!

We had a lazy afternoon, watching some dvds and then Paul watched the football. I joined him downstairs to watch some more tv and ate chicken pasta & vegetable bake. Very nice too.

Maia was doing some of her usual gymnastics and being utterly adorable while we sat!




I LOVE THAT LITTLE FACE! Upside down Maia always makes me smile! She seems so proud of herself when she does a forward roll or two! That cat tree has definitely brought out a more mischievous side of her!

After dinner, we watched a show about the creation of the Universe which Paul had recorded. I had no idea what was going on, to be honest! I was getting tired! So I took myself off to bed, and Paul wasn't far after me.

PREVIOUSLY...

2012
2013

1 comment: