Sunday, 13 April 2014

7th April 2014 - Valar Morghulis

Not a great sleep. No surprises there!

We made the decision very early on that we wouldn't be going to the gym this morning as every time Paul moved yesterday, he groaned in pain! Mostly from the gym on Friday! So a day of rest for him (and laziness for me) was what the doctor (me) ordered!

It was a nice quiet morning in the office. HA! If only it could have stayed that way! I saw a Buzzfeed quiz I wanted to play in so took part!


It's my Game of Thrones name! Why I'm a Ser, I don't know! It also looks like my forename is Dothraki, which doesn't quite go with Targaryen...but hey! I'll take it!

Work just got worse and worse today. I planned my day well, knowing I'd be trawling through figures all afternoon for a management meeting A was going to on Tuesday. Then BossMan T decides that he needs something doing urgently. Before I go home tonight. GREAT. Two people needed urgent things before I go home!

I decided to do A's stuff first, and got that out the way, leaving 90 minutes for me to trawl through BossMan T's emails to try to find specifics. His email is sllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwww! Bear in mind that he has over 11,000(!!!!) unread emails, which don't make up the bulk of his email inbox. Plus 90% of his email are in his inbox rather than folders. He has had his email for longer than I have worked for him, so over 8 years. Yep. Needles and haystacks come to mind. The slow nature of the emails made it just an awful task to undertake. I just about got it done but it was slow and I was a little late leaving.

When I eventually got home, I helped Paul do some washing up and he made dinner. I also did a very good deed and helped a friend in need. Not going into details as I don't want praise, but he deserves assistance as he is a very good friend and I hope that the help I gave him does help.

Anyway, then it was dinner time! We had a fancy dinner tonight!


Duck breast on thai red curry risotto. It was DELISH! We haven't had it for ages but it was lush to have again!

We watched Community while we ate and then switched to the latest ep of Game of Thrones! YES! It's BACK! It was great, as always! I want a dragon! They look as though they could keep Barney in his place! His place being not stomping over my chest at silly o'clock, but I digress! Great ep!

Not sure how I managed to stay awake, though! I was a little sleepy but I made it and we went to bed humming the Game of Thrones theme!

PREVIOUSLY...

2012
2013 - :(

No comments:

Post a Comment