Saturday, 19 July 2014

11th July 2014 - Busy Day!

I didn't feel great this morning. Paul had to work this morning but I wasn't in work. I felt sorry for myself for a little while but there were more pressing matters to attend to...


That's right - it's holiday time! As if you hadn't already guessed! Which means a lot of work, stress and heartbreak. Let's not thin about that right now. Let's just get on with the packing.

Which is difficult, when you have cats.


I think Maia wants to come with us. I'd let her in a heartbeat!


 Barney got strapped in and ready for take off!

We got it all done pretty quickly once Paul got home which is good in some ways and bad in others. Being done means that the kitties have to go on their holidays as well. They go to Kennotels for the week and have for a few years now.

While we were there showing the cats their home for the next week, we also got to meet their neighbours, a couple of Sphinx cats! It's the first time I've ever seen a hairless kitty and got to stroke one of them who had leathery skin. Weird! They look so grumpy but we were assured they were purring away!

I came home and sobbed. A lot. I hate this house without kitties in it.

So we went out! If you've read last year's post you'll know that every year we go to Frankie and Benny's for our dinner to get out of the cat-less house relax a little before going away!


Not that this is the only way to relax. It helps. It helps numb the pain of my lack of kitties. I miss them already. :(

Paul had a pizza and I had barbecue chicken skewers. They were lush. We also had an extra cheeky portion of macaroni cheese. It wasn't the best mac and cheese I've ever had but it was pretty yummy! :)


Polished off the lot. Awesome!

Not to be sent home early, we headed to the bar for a cheeky drinky before heading back home.


 I had a 'bramble' (gin cocktail) and Paul had a Long Island Iced Tea. Very nice they were too.

Then home to our sad and lonely house. It's not home, not without the kittens.

We got the last few things we could get done sorted before heading to bed. A looooooong day tomorrow!

PREVIOUSLY

2013

1 comment:

  1. and that is why I get house sitters :) well that and the logistics of finding someone to take seven cats.. not fun.

    ReplyDelete