Friday, 8 August 2014

1st August 2014 - How the jeff is it August already?!

Another early start for Paul meant another laze in bed for me! I could get used to this. However when I'm fat and can't see my feet from no exercise and eating all the pies, I'm sure I'll regret it!

REALLY didn't want to go into work today. I hadn't slept well and didn't feel anywhere near 100%. I felt sick and headache-y. Ah well. I just had to man up and get on with it.

T wasn't feeling amazing either so we're probably both suffering from a little illness. Nothing terrible, however she goes on holiday tomorrow and I have to work. Actually, that's pretty bad for both of us!

We were given loads of the new things that we needed to do pretty much straight away. A bombarded us. We both looked at each other with blank looks on our faces. Then one of the associates chimed in and told A that we couldn't do any of it til Monday (great - T's away for 2 weeks) and that we need to have training first as we might say something that we shouldn't or might not say something that we have to (if that makes sense).

He was trying to set up some training for us that afternoon, so we carried on with our usual work until lunch time and waited to be told otherwise.

Sure enough, 2:30pm rolled round and we had to have a skype meeting with him to go through the training.

It lasted an hour. I was none the wiser after it all. We had been sent a 35 page training pack which highlighted the major points but I can honestly say that I'm actually more concerned by what I have to do now than I was before the training. Going to have to go through it all this weekend to see if I can get to grips with it. Not happy about that.

After work, I headed home with the intention of sitting and being grumpy for the rest of the evening. I really didn't feel happy in any way. I was hot and bothered and not feeling amazing.

Then Paul pretty much insisted that I go and meet him in town for a few drinks. So I freshened up (not that that lasted long) and went into town. He was at a local architect firm's office enjoying 'Prosecco Friday'. Sound familiar?! I really need to trademark that name and make some money off it! I went and put on my game face, even though being out in public wasn't in any way what I felt like doing, and had a few glasses of fizz with some nice people.

Paul was pretty merry, so we decided to get some food before going home. We went to the Button Street Smokehouse, which is right at the bottom of the famous Mathew Street (home of the Cavern Club). We'd been looking at going for some time but the right time had never come about until now.

Being unable to decide what to have, we ordered a sharing platter. Yeah. There was a LOT of food. I completely didn't think to take a picture of it which I regret! There was enough for a large snack for 4 people so you can imagine how much it was for 2! There were 4 chicken wings, a large rack of ribs, a big dish of pulled pork, corn on the cob, chips, barbecue beans and 'slaw. We also ordered some burnt ends, having seen them on Man Vs Food a few times. Yeah. Too much food. We came nowhere near finishing it all. Shameful. Paul really wasn't on form!

It was very good but far too...barbecue for me. With my disability, it tasted just like sweet vinegar, which I guess it is. It made it difficult to eat, which was a shame because it was good! I think Paul wants to go to have another stab at completing the challenge!

We got a taxi home, rather than wait half an hour for a train, then settled in front of the tv. We shared a bottle of vino and had peppermint tea.


I had started watching an episode of Arrow before we went out, so we finished that and watched more. Paul went to bed earlier than me so I kept watching.

You know where this is heading, don't you?

I woke up at 1:30am on the sofa.

Ooops.

PREVIOUSLY...

2013






No comments:

Post a Comment