Friday, 29 August 2014

22nd August 2014 - Ick.

I felt RUBBISH when I woke up this morning. However I was more than happy to get up to go to the gym. Paul said no. I went back to bed. It didn't take much to convince me to do that either!

I was running a bit late for work (not really wanting to go in!) and how I wished I had stayed at home. I got a few bits done first thing, then I got a call that a client was on the line for me to take the claim details of.

I wish I hadn't been at the phone at that moment. I had to speak to a 73 year old man who was clearly very lonely. He was also filthy. He started off talking about the war, which is fine. He then said that he'd like a lady to cuddle and would I like to come and cuddle him?

Thank you Tumblr.
It got creepier. I kept trying to discuss his claim and he kept telling me how he needs a young lady to come and walk on his back in heels to sort his pain out.

Another appropriate Tumblr gif
I managed to get as much information as I could from him. He then asked if I knew his password. Yes. Yes I did. His password is Teddy Bear. When I told him what it was, he asked if I liked cuddling teddy bears. I said "it's my nephew's name, so yes" and he said that I could cuddle him like a big teddy bear for as long as I wanted to. Gee. Thanks.

Tumblr, you never fail me. 

I got off the phone to this chap and T was laughing at me because I was blushing so much. I think I managed quite well with keeping a professional stance during the call but it made me feel icky.

I complained to A that it was uncomfortable and I didn't enjoy speaking with this client. He laughed and said that the girls that made the initial calls to the client all laugh about the Teddybear. Yeah. So they actually could have warned me but they didn't. A kept making jokes about it all day. I don't think he realised that I actually found it disturbing and creepy. To the extent that I don't actually want to speak with clients ever again.

It was a long day in the office. Not fun at all. Things all went downhill after the conversation with the icky guy. I couldn't wait to come home!

We didn't really do much this evening. I sorted some washing and Paul made dinner of turkey burgers. Handmade, of course!


We then watched some more Stargate and came to bed. Naturally, I fell asleep through the last episode we were watching. Whoops.

I came upstairs and Paul had piled all our old cushions and pillows in the corner. Which made a bed fit for a Princess, apparently!



 I bet she'd still be able to feel a pea under all that. But then again, she's a cat and they sleep in all sorts of weird angles and on the most uncomfortable of things so she probably wouldn't care all that much!

PREVIOUSLY...

2013


No comments:

Post a Comment