Thursday, 7 August 2014

31st July 2014 - Treats

After starting the week well, it's all downhill from there. We couldn't go to the gym this morning and can't tomorrow either. Disgraceful. Work sort of takes priority though.

Wish it didn't. Especially as the computer systems didn't want it to be our priority, failing to work and all that. Yep - another day of naff connectivity. Our internet is fine, but we just can't make a connection via our secure network. RUBBISH!

Both T and I didn't feel particularly amazing today either. We were both feeling a little sick and fuzzy. Food helped a little but didn't cure us. Not good.

I think it's mostly because our jobs sort of change tomorrow and we have no idea what we are doing. The worry of doing new stuff without any training whatsoever and very little in the way of support, more of a "it's so straight-forward you've just got to get on with it and it'll get easier" doesn't really make us want to do it in any way. Hmph.

I called my parents on the way home and caught up on a nearly a week's worth of news when I was obstructed from getting into my house by a delivery. Fearing it's safety, I brought it inside, which isn't easy to do when one hand is one the telephone!


New recycling wheelie bin! Isn't it ace! We've been here for over 6 years and have never had one, choosing to use whichever ones are out in the alley but as we recycle a LOT Paul has harrassed the Council into giving us our very own! :)

After I finished on the phone with both parents, I decided to get on with the pile of ironing that isn't getting any smaller by itself. Wouldn't that be awesome if it did?!

I discovered that our Amazon Prime membership meant that we could watch loads of tv boxsets and movies for free, as they took over LoveFilm! It's actually better than Netflix in my opinion, at the minute. So I started rewatching Arrow, as loads of stuff has been all over my tumblr and I wanted to reminisce!

Paul came home and we had mushy dinner of scrambled omelette with beans and sausages. It was a pretty awesome dinner but very messy! I then did some more ironing until Barney climbed into the basket and curled up (on top of my white skirt, non the less) which I took as a sign that it was time to stop!

Speaking of Barney, we saw loads of stuff online today about people who state the reason they don't adopt black cats is because they aren't as photogenic in selfies.

We pooh-pooh that!


Maybe it's the people that aren't so photogenic and nothing to do with the cats?!

Sure, black cats aren't as distinctive as others and not as individual, but that's so superficial! I pretty much forced Barney into our lives and we wouldn't change it for the world! He doesn't need spots/stripes/colours to be individual - his daft personality makes him so!

BLACK CATS FOR THE WIN! Adopt yourself a black cat, people! They're awesome! They look good with every outfit and make excellent snuggle buddies in the night! :)

PREVIOUSLY...

2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment