Wednesday, 13 August 2014

6th August 2014 - Oooh, child, things are gonna get easier...

Today got off to a bad start. Did it get better? Maybe. You'll see.

Paul had to be in work early so he got up at our usual gym time. It's not so bad when you have to get up for it but when you can stay in bed and sleep it's a bad thing.

While he was showering I dozed for a while but as soon as he was done, I was awake. While Paul was getting dressed, Barney decided he wanted to do an impression of his Daddy.


"I'm businessman Daddy! Look how important I am in my suit!"

Paul wasn't too keen on Beep being in his jacket, so he soon had to scoot.

I lazed in bed for a little while with positively no desire to get up. I did though. I had to. That's the only reason I got up.

It was also absolutely pouring down with rain. Torrential. I was looking to leave the house but didn't really fancy it, to be honest.


Ick. Which is funny, because the weather forecast had other ideas!

 What part of Wavertree is sunny? Clearly not any part around my house.

I REALLY didn't want to leave the house. Walking in heavy rain isn't something I'm a fan of.

I got to work and the day was awful. No ins and outs for you as you really probably could care less, but I wasn't in a good mood and things weren't going well for me. Let's put it like that. There may have been a few tears. Joys  of being alone in your office is that you can cry and no one will see!

I got to late morning and decided I needed to man up as things were not going to fix themselves. I had to do some of the work to make that happen. So I did.

By lunch time things were a tiny big brighter.

I titted about on the internet over lunch and when I started back to work I got an email:


Do I know Paul Kirkham? Hmmmmmm. Let me think about that one...we've only been together nearly 7 years and married for nearly 1...so I'd hope so!

I got through the day and got stuff done that I had never done before and it seemed to go ok!

I just wanted to get home as Wednesday evenings are always the best ones! This was no exception as this #Whedonsday we took a trip to the cinema!

First, we had to have some food. I got nachos. They were...messy...


HELL YEAH, JALAPEƑOS!


So last week's blog post title would actually be more appropriate for today! Oh well!

What did we go to see, I hear you ask? Well...this!



We saw it in 3D rather than imax as the timing was all a bit wrong for a 2 hour movie.

We enjoyed it! It's far funnier than most other movies in the Marvel-verse...and is meant to be, rather than being so bad you LOL at it! Lots of great moments and I'm looking forward to seeing it again!

Oh, and spoiler:

Not sure where it's from but I didn't make it!

I want one.

We got home about 9:45pm and I was shattered so headed to bed. I'm such a lightweight! Can't stay up late any more!

PREVIOUSLY...

2013

1 comment:

  1. Loved GotG.. I did see it twice, once in the theatre and once in the drive in.. mostly to see dancing groot

    I think I have to buy one of these http://www.hypable.com/2014/08/25/order-dancing-groot-toy-funko/

    ReplyDelete