Wednesday, 17 September 2014

10th September 2014 - Day (not) Off!

It was quite nice to wake up without an alarm this morning. I had set one for while we were away so we didn't miss breakfast (as Paul would never have forgiven me!) so it was good to be able to laze in our own clean and comfortable bed!

Barney agreed!


We had a good laze and then Paul went to do some shopping. I got up and dressed and started my epic tidying up mission! We have guests on Friday night so need the house to be spick and span by the end of today, as we're both back in work tomorrow!

I got quite a lot done first thing, although I did notice that the carpet in the back bedroom was wet. Seems our dehumidifier decided not to auto shut off, which meant it leaked all over the floor.

It wasn't too bad, as the carpet managed to soak the majority of it up, but I ended up doing all my ironing whilst stood on a towel trying to soak up the wetness.

I had a quick doctors check up in the afternoon, then we popped to the shops to pick up my inhalers (still under Caroline Kirk, which still makes me lol!) and some other bits and bobs.

We bought this, which is fun!


It's a new floor cleaner with built in cleaner spray! Our old one broke and so we're having to polish the tiles in the kitchen and bathroom by hand. Not the most fun. We're not big fans of mops and buckets (too messy) so this is ideal!

We cancelled #Whedonsday this week as we didn't know when we'd be home from our holiday, but it was probably for the best as there was so much that needed to be done. I kept noticing things that were out of place and needed sorting out!

We eventually had dinner and relaxed a little before heading to bed. Work tomorrow. Boo.

PREVIOUSLY...

2013

No comments:

Post a Comment