Saturday, 11 October 2014

4th October 2014 - Fat Club!

It was an early start again this morning. By early start, I mean about 3am when Paul woke up and couldn't remember coming home. Great. I had to talk to him and tell him what happened. He was very unsettled by the whole thing.

I went back to sleep for a bit. We actually did have to get up today so I needed a couple more hours which I think I got.

I got up at 8am and got dressed. I managed to coax Paul out of his pit as we had an appointment at the vet at 9am to get Barney weighed! Both of us were still sleepy tired and so actually getting ourselves up to go was already tough. It was made more difficult by the fact that it was torrential rain outside and didn't look as though that was going to end any time soon!

Even just stepping from the house into the car got us soaked though!


Poor Barney in his new space shuttle box was not amused.




We got to the vet bang on time which we were a bit surprised about. There were two dogs in the waiting room ahead of us; a Boxer and a Staffy. Both were very friendly old things and Barney was unphased by the whole thing. Sadly both dogs needed keeping in for whatever reason. 

Then came a lady with a cat. That cat also needed keeping in.

Then a chap with a large fluffy Alsatian came in. That's when the growling started. From Barney. The dog didn't bat an eyelid! We tried to calm Barney but he was having none of it.

This was then made worse by the fact that the next person to come through the door also had a fluffy Alsatian. The torture was now two-fold for Barn! Poor sausage.

It was our turn in next and we felt bad to be taking up their time for a weigh-in when they clearly had a lot of emergencies that day. They were very lovely though, stating the importance of the weigh in and they were just sorry that we had to wait 25 minutes to get in.

So...did Barney lose any weight?!

...

...

...

YES!

He lost .11kg which is good apparently. Works out at about 4oz. It doesn't sound a lot but as he's not on a drastic diet, we should be pleased with his progress and keep it up! We're back in 5 weeks to see if there's more progress! Keep your paws crossed for him! 

We got home and chilled for a while but I decided that I did want to be productive with the day so I made Paul help me by lifting up the bed and hoovering under it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, which is good. Only a few of the favourite toys had been lost under there!

We then went downstairs and watched some tv for the rest of the evening.

I also took my first picture on my new pod.



Hungover Paul.

I watched Strictly and a X Factor and was getting a little sleepy but tried to stay awake longer. I started thing Forest Gump but that is a looooong film and it always makes me cry so I decided to go to bed instead.

PREVIOUSLY...

2013

1 comment: