Friday, 28 November 2014

21st November 2014 - Shivers!

I started the Friday with a couple of grumps. Firstly, Paul had to work. Secondly, Felix let me DOWN.

We feed our fussy cats Felix 'As Good As It Looks' cat food. It's not the best, I know, but Maia is soooo fussy that it's pretty much all she would eat for a while!

Not much longer. Todays' offering was beef and carrots. Allegedly.


See - labelled as beef and carrots. So you get the idea of what you think you're going to get when you open the packet.


Um. I'm not convinced that there is much in the way of beef...or even carrot in there.

Maybe it's all fallen to the bottom half of the packet?


Nope. No beef in there either! I even mushed it up to try to find some. Nope. Just jelly. Cue unimpressed Cagga.

Anyway, I didn't feed them any of the packet. I threw it all away and gave them one of the expensive ones we know is pretty much only meat! Screw you, Felix!

After I had calmed down a little, I needed to make the most of my day, so I got the ironing board out and got all the ironing done. Will a little Hobbit commentary in the background for entertainment!


I don't normally do the ironing downstairs but as I was alone, why not? Maia came to join me and curled up on the radiator behind me!






I may have taken a million and one pictures of her because she looked so damn cute! She was also snoring. A LOT. She's very loud. I don't know whether to be concerned or not. Hmmm.

Barney was also being cute, just in case you were wondering!


He can't just sleep on the bed, oh no. He has to have the fleecy blanket as well.


More Maia. AW!

I got the ironing done and sat down for a while before preparing myself to go out. Yes, I had to leave the house. Shocking. I don't like having to leave the house but we had made plans!

It was pouring with rain outside and the wind was really strong, so my umbrella broke fairly quickly into my outdoor journey.

I met Paul from work and we went to have dinner at Nolita Cantina, which is a little place we had never been to before!

Paul had a bacon and blue cheese burger which I didn't take a picture of. I had belly pork in Dr Pepper sauce.


I didn't use my flash as I feel as though people would judge me for taking pictures of my food. I'm a blogger! Don't they understand?!

The sauce was very rich but I enjoyed it very much! We will definitely go again!

From there we went to have a couple of drinks before our evening really got started. We went back to Brewdog, where we went last weekend for a few.

It's quirky. They encourage you to play games. On our table we had an interesting option...


Dinosaur Top Trumps! We didn't play but we had a look through at the various dinos. I found my instant favourite dinosaur of all time.


Obviously.

We also found something that I can't believe exists.


Really? REALLY?! That's something out of a horror movie, not real life!

Anyway, instead of a beer, as I didn't fancy a beer, I had a beer cocktail!


It was called 'Punch Drunk Punk' and it was very nice (and boozy) and I enjoyed it so much I had another one!

Then it was onto the Philharmonic. We were not going to see a show, though. Well, not in the way you would imagine anyway!


We were going on a Shiverpool Ghost Walk!


We were trying to look afraid. We more shivering more from the cold and rain than the fear!

The girls who took us round were good fun and there were about 20 of us! I was really impressed and would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun evening!

We went back to the Philharmonic Pub where we started from and needed to warm up before heading home. So I reacquainted myself with my friend from earlier in the week!


Mmmmm! Mulled wine!

We went home and I went straight to bed as I was exhausted! Good times!

PREVIOUSLY...

2013

No comments:

Post a Comment