Wednesday, 7 January 2015

31st December 2014 - NYE

It's the last day of 2014! Crikey! Where did that year go?! Feels like only yesterday we were celebrating the arrival of little Ted, or my birthday in York, or our holiday or wedding anniversary! Cripes, how time flies!

What better way to spend the last day of the year than at work! Just like pretty much every other day this year!

Once again, there were a few issues with the car when Paul went to drop me off...



Trying to capture the gorgeous feathery shapes in the ice. Can't really see it as well as I could in real life. They sure were pretty!

I got to work earlier than I had the rest of the week and still was bored. I have loads of work, don't get me wrong, but without the constant unpredictability of the phone ringing, loads of post to deal with or people to talk to, it gets very monotonous very quickly!


Today's calendar. Such a gorgeous little thing. I think the office should get a kitten! I would keep me entertained on days like this. Granted, my productivity would take a severe dive, but I'd be very loyal!

The closest I'll get to an office kitten is the local wildlife!


This is my friend the squirrel! He comes to visit fairly frequently! If I ever write a children's story, he will be one of the stars as he has a few other little friends who keep him company and the characters write themselves. I'm not going to say who they are though, so no-one can steal my story!

Once again, I was in work until about 1:30pm when BigBoss T let me go home. Paul picked me up and we headed home. I felt the need to be decidedly lazy for the rest of the afternoon. Why not spend the last day of the year the same as the rest of it?! :)

Barney agreed.


As part of our laziness, we decided to order some pizza, which is also a tribute to an early date we had on this day 7 years ago. Dominos finest whilst supping fizz? Don't mind if I do!


Check out all that unhealthy and fatty goodness! Mmmm!

We ate most of it, saving some for later when we might need it.

We decided to go out for a couple of drinks at a local pub for a while. If it took us to midnight, great, but if not, at least we got out of the house!

We got there at about 8:30pm or so and it wasn't as busy as we thought it would be.


A nice glass of red in front of an open fire was enjoyed. Perfect.

We stayed for a couple of hours but it wasn't the most excitable of crowds and we were a bit bored. So we headed home where we were able to have a few more drinks and see in the new year with a bit of Jools Holland!


At midnight the neighbours went wild and cheered in the New Year by going crazy and making a LOT of noise. There were also a few fireworks which was nice.

I think I managed to make it to about 1am before falling asleep.

2014 - you were interesting! Lots of wonderful things happened but some sad ones too.

I wonder what 2015 has to offer!

PREVIOUSLY...

2013 and 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment