Monday, 1 April 2013

30/03/2013 - How the other half live!

I was woken up this morning by singing cats. Plural. Seriously. Both of them at one point of another was meowing their little heart out in the hallway of Paul's parents' house. Barney can be quite vocal but Maia usually saves it for car journeys. This morning she made a LOT of noise. She seemed happy though, so maybe she was just singing a happy tune?!

If we thought we had a lazy morning yesterday, today trumps it by far! The joy of not being in your own home is that the pressure to do anything is lessened!

That being said, Paul and I staying on bed, channel hopping through all of the music channels on Sky. It seems as though there was a 90s weekend across the board and we got to listen to many a classic song from our youth. Yes, the music was rubbish, but at least you can laught about it now.

We then took a trip to Sainsbury's, the closest supermarket, to get some supplies for the next week and also to fill up on petrol. Word to the wise - Sainsbury's is expensive. Even their cheaper stuff is expensive! Glad it's not the closest shop to us here! Asda would win hands down for value. **


I didn't actually mean to get Paul in this picture, but as I was waiting in the car for him for such a long time, it just happened this way! Petrol, too, is expensive. Urgh.

We came back and Paul and his Mum were watching the football. I was sitting and feeling sorry for myself as my ribs and back were aching like nobody's business! I felt like I had been run over!


Barney's light reflective belly dot is judging you.

Seriously, I can't even cover that thing. He just wants to show his nipple off!

How awesome is that cushion, by the way?!

After a nice long shower and relax, it was time to head over to Paul's cousin's house (that they pretty much built themselves) for a family gathering to celebrate Paul's cousin's 40th birthday! Happy Birthday, Grant!

As I walked into their dining room, I was greated by this:


A giant stuffed giraffe. This is terrifying. I hate giraffes. They are scary scary creatures. This one is sinister. Why would anyone have this in their house?! I have a good mind to take Barney over there to show it who's boss!

I didn't really take any other pictures that evening as my battery was going very low. Needless to say, there were lots of drinks enjoyed and catching up with the family (to be). Lots of wedding questions, which I think I detracted from quite well. It was also nice to see another cousin of Paul's who is expecting a baby at the end of May! Ok, yes, it's another body at our wedding, but as it's a baby body, it doesn't count! YAY!

It's a bloomin' big house. Probably about 4x the size of ours, at least! We need to get wealthy. I want a big house with giant beanbag chairs and a massive kitchen! Pretty please?!

As I say, I didn't take many pictures, however Paul's phone uploaded this picture to our computer...


You can see where his head was at. Apparently it's nice?!

Upon returning back to Manchester, we were both pretty knackered, so it was sleepy time for us. However as Paul's dad is a nocturnal creature, he stayed up and watch the TV. You could probably hear the volume of the tv back in Liverpool it was so loud. :( No sleep for me.


Bouffle was happy to see me, though.

**Other supermarkets are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment