I know that the title is a bit of an 'out there' statement to make. It's the last day of the working week. Yay! However, it's also my busiest in the office, and history has proven it to be the most difficult. You see, I have to count all the files that we have in the office. I work at a Solicitors' office. That's a lot of files. If I can't find a file...well...it turns out that I have to find it. It doesn't matter that the file is not mine - the person who handles the file generally can't be bothered to help me.
Now the AssHat and the Snooty One have left (I want to use the AssHat jpg again but I won't. Not today!) the files are a little tidier, however, it's still not simple to make sure I know where they all are! Maybe in a few week's time when we've been through them all we'll be able to put them back in the filing cabinet, but for the near future, they're EVERYWHERE!
Going through files today also meant I got to look at some of the files that Newbie hasn't had chance to review yet. Yeah. That was a good idea and a bad idea. I found LOADS of urgent work. I found problems and Court dates that there was no notification of on our computer system. EEKS!
So it was another busy day.
My favourite bit about today - marking off my provisionally booked holiday dates on my wall planner! Including the weeks surrounding our wedding!
![]() |
| WHOOP! |
Yes, that is me, the week before as CH and the week after as CK! That amused me far more than I can tell you! One of my colleagues asked me "who's CK?"...um...think about it...
The joy of being Office Manager is that it's my wall chart so I can provisionally book dates before other people! There have to be some perks, right?! It's certainly not the pay packet!
A nice relaxing evening was had at home. Well. I say that. I started stressing about bridesmaid dresses and how there are NONE IN THE SHOPS THAT I LIKE/ARE THE RIGHT COLOUR/HAVE A PETITE VERSION to which Paul told me to turn the computer off and read.
I recently bought a few of the Vampire Diaries books after watching the TV show as a guilty pleasure. The books actually pain me to read as they are so...painful. Not enjoying them I'm afraid. The only thing that was making the experience more pleasurable for me was this:
![]() |
| See why she's called Belly Girl?! |
Maia generally parks herself on my legs when I am in bed. It's comforting, actually. She never used to be a cuddler, but in recent years she's a permanent fixture on me, somewhere, at night. It used to be frustrating as I couldn't move in my sleep, meaning my neck/back would hurt in the morning from sleeping at odd angles, but now I find it odd when she's not there, and I have to get up to find her to make sure she's ok! She is. She's usually curled up on the stairs where the hot water pipes pass under the floor! Little minx!


No comments:
Post a Comment