Happy Birthday to me!
Today I turned 29!
Here's some egocentric Cagga picture spam! *advanced warning - this is a complete picture spam entry!*
 |
| Me at approximately 7 months old. CHUNK! :D |
 |
| This was taken on my 18th birthday. I was in a show, Grease, as Patty Simcox. Interesting (or not) the girl who played Sandy is now starring in the West End production of Ghost: The Musical. Siobhan Dillon. She was always amazingly talented! |
 |
| My 21st Birthday, with the wonderful Lee, who is the guitarist in a band called Sound of Guns. They are pretty damn awesome, and I think you should all go take a listen and buy an album or two. |
 |
| Drinking flaming sambuca on my 24th birthday. It was awesome! |
 |
| 25th Birthday. I blame Chris Bennett for EVERYTHING in this picture! |
 |
| Me and Lucy on my 26th birthday. |
 |
| While the world was gripped with Royal Wedding fever, glued to their tv, supping pimms and eating cucumber sandwiches; Paul and I were hiking in the Peak District. It was fab! |
...I didn't take a picture of me today. Ah well. No big loss there!
Back to the day!
We got a fairly early train back from Manchester, which was packed, then went straight back to bed...naturally with the presents I had to open, which are as follows:
 |
| Paul got me a new work bag, big enough for A4 folders inside...meaning I take take my wedding file everywhere I go! #Bridezilla |
 |
| My new (and yes, it's been worn!) Sunnydale High T Shirt! |
|
|
 |
| Bottle of Tru Blood, which is currently in the fridge, awaiting consumption. I think it might go well with vodka! |
 |
| A Firefly/Serenity t shirt from Qwertee. I love it and was gutted I missed it! So glad Drew didn't! |
I know you all must be wondering what the gifts were that work got me. Other than the flowers, that is. Prepare to be amazed...
 |
| A bottle of rose. Crisp and fruity? More like a kids drink! Obviously it's not. Sweet as anything! |
 |
| A one-cup teapot. With kitties on it! Cute! |
 |
| A BOX OF MALTESERS AND A BOX OF TEA BAGS. Hmph. |
...and the 'best' bit:
 |
| A wedding planner. Which, by the looks of things, was written for a 12 year old. Seriously. |
 |
| Here's a page for example. I haven't been so patronised and offended by typed text since I read Twilight. |
Moving on.
After Paul had a nap, we got ready and braved the rain to head out to Lark Lane, where we met Chris (@thiscrs on twitter) and Jacqui (@JacquiChan88) for a few!
 |
| This isn't all of it. Not by any means... |
See Chris's blog post of the day
here, including a picture of me taking this picture!
Of course, meeting Chris can only mean one thing: the return of the birthday bag! :-)
The Birthday Bag started about 4 years ago, when Chris met me at the pub for birthday drinks (sense a theme here?!) and in it was my birthday present, and dressing up items. Said items didn't all get used...so instead of throwing it away etc, I added more and brought it along to his birthday bash in the December. Said bag returned to me the following April...and a tradition was born! I'm sure you will see this bag again!
There were also gifts! :D
 |
| If there was ever anything you need to know about Jacqui - she likes a gin! I got extra special gin! |
 |
| It came complete with a special seal, which reads: 'To be opened in an emergency (or when it's gin-o'clock!)' |
 |
| Chris got me this most excellent present...and it's only half of it! I can't wait to see the second half! |
After one or two beers, great and funny conversation, and a promise to go to at least one theme park this year, Paul and I made our way into town for dinner at Jamie's Italian.
The service was fab. The prosecco was fab. The starter and pudding...fab. The main courses...blah. Serious blah.
 |
| Italian nachos (top) and Crispy stuffed rice balls. Delicious. As you can tell by most of it being eaten! |
 |
| My main: FLASH-GRILLED FEATHER STEAK British beef pounded with sage & prosciutto, served with spicy tomato salsa *picture stolen from Paul's colleague Ian, who had the same thing the following day...I didn't take a picture of mine. Thanks, Ian!* | |
|
My main was ok. Nothing to write home about. Paul had
Braised British shin of beef, cooked overnight with sweet, sticky onions & balsamic vinegar, served with oozy Parmesan polenta. Yeah. Oozy is a good word. Big pile o'tasteless schmush is another accurate description!
 |
Pudding!
AMALFI LEMON CURD SLICE Smooth lemon curd with toasted pistachios & crushed berries |
We probably won't return. Even though Paul's pudding of Sicilian Cheesecake was free! And very nice!
After that, we came home and fell asleep! Because I'm all old and stuff now! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment